The Mississippi Achievement School District’s (MASD)-Child Nutrition Program is dedicated to our students’ health, well-being and their ability to learn. We whole-heartedly support learning by promoting good nutrition and by providing students access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet their nutritional needs.
The Child Nutrition Program (CNP) is a self-supporting program that is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Funds/Resources for operation comes from the daily sale of breakfast and lunch to students; partial reimbursement for the cost of each meal served and a cash subsidy administered by the MS State Department of Education, Office of Child Nutrition once a year. These monies pay for salaries, insurance, equipment, food and etc. The CNP receives commodities through the State Office of Child Nutrition. These commodities are based on surplus food donated to the program by the USDA.
SUMMER FEEDING PROGRAMS 2022
Future P-EBT Benefits
We're not sure if Mississippi will be approved to issue more P-EBT benefits in the future. But, great news! The Mississippi Achievement School District (Humphreys and Yazoo Regions) participates in the Community Eligibility Program. There is no need to complete a meal application for students in the Mississippi Achievement School District. Please make sure your address is up to date.
Breakfast/Lunch Meal Patterns & Offer versus Serve
Offer versus Serve for Breakfast and Lunch allows the students to pick up 3 items. One must be a ½ cup fruit or vegetable. Under the OVS provision, STUDENTS MAY DECLINE MILK!!!!!!
- Use this link to see if your snacks meet the Smart Snacks Standards or to see a list of snacks that are already approved https://foodplanner.healthiergeneration.org/products
- Enter the Nutrition Facts information (from the back of the food or beverage label) in the Smart Snacks Calculator https://foodplanner.healthiergeneration.org/calculator
- If snacks do not have a nutrition label and is made from scratch, contact the Food Service department to evaluate the recipe.
Competitive Food Sales Rule (Regulations)
- No food items will be sold on the school campus for one (1) hour before the start of any meal service period.
- Students who bring a lunch from home may purchase milk and milk products.
- Outside food items brought into the cafeteria must be taken out of orignal containers or covered.
- All items/fundraisers sold on school campuses shall meet the smart snack regulations.